Camping at DeSoto Falls Recreation Area is open. The DeSoto Falls Recreation Area is located off Highway 129 just inside the National Forest boundary. The campground is a scenic spot with easy access for either a weekend of camping or a quick hike to the falls. There are two waterfalls which can be easily viewed along the DeSoto Falls trails. Trout fishing is popular along Frogtown Creek which flows adjacent to the campground. A mature forest provides the perfect setting for a family recreation getaway.
There are no water or electric hook-ups or dump station available in the campground. Several campsites are located along Frogtown Creek.
- 24 camping sites neatly arranged in two loops (upper and lower).
- Drinking water is provided by faucets centrally located in the campground.
- The lower camping loop has a warm water outdoor shower complex connected to a flush facility.
- The upper camping loop has four chemical flush facilities.
- Standard amenities (i.e. grill, picnic tables, lantern post, etc)